First, I am learning to breathe and say no to things that should not have my attention.
Things I want you to know:
I write from my bed in the isolation centre in Ibadan, Oyo State, where I’m managing my COVID-19.
How my morning routine looks like:
I wake around 5:00 am to 6:00 am and read a little bit of Ann Handley’s “Everybody Writes: Your Go To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content” on Scribd. I take notes while writing, and after that, I read some bits of Red Yellow eMarketing.
What I do during the day:
I handle the operations of Deimos Nigeria and provide support for the Nigerian dev team. I develop content and marketing strategy at Deimos. I am reading a lot this period and trying to take it one chapter at a time.
During lunchtime, I’m almost tired from sitting on the bed and working on my laptop placed on the little bedside table provided by the hospital administrators, so I do some stretches and walk around the institution to take off some cramps.
Books I am reading:
I have on my reading list for the next three months:
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content
- Content Marketing, Engineered by Wendy Covey
- Obviously Awesome by April Dunford
News Sources I Follow:
Seth Godin – Because of the way he sees and thinks, and the way he tells his stories.
My Podcast Subscriptions:
- The Marketing Book Podcast
- Digital Marketing Podcast
- Marketing Over Coffee
- Leadership and Loyalty
My fun activities:
- Writing every day in my notebook. Ann Handley advises writing every day, not because it’s a chore, but because one enjoys doing it.
- I learn French every day for 15 minutes on Duolingo.
- Logging my daily expenses. These days at the Isolation centre, I don’t have many expenses to log, so I check my investments to see how they are doing on my investment app.
- I invest monthly with Risevest for Eurobonds and Real Estate: my referral code is 4SBH1H5O, InvestBamboo, where I buy and manage stocks myself, and cryptocurrency.
- I play scrabble in the evening on Classic Words or ScrabbleGo.
Quote for the month:
“If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.”Martin Luther King Jr.
Page updated on 9th Jan 2021, from Ibadan, Nigeria.